- Affordable abortion and the "right" to it for all women who choose to murder their child. Even to supporting freedom to abort a child during final three months of their pregnancies, at least if necessary due to medical reasons. (According to the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute, most abortions that take place after 20 weeks are performed for reasons other than the health of the mother or child. And the total number late-term abortions is more than seven times the combined deaths from mass shootings in America since 1966.)
- Abolishing the death penalty. End mandatory minimum sentences for certain offenses. Eliminate the private prison industry.
- Gun Control: establishing a nationwide gun licensing system. The use of "Extreme Risk Protection Orders" since "two-thirds of all gun deaths are suicides." Holding the gun industry accountable for the misuse of guns by owners.
- Legalization of marijuana and addressing the harmful effects of its criminalization.
- The Federal Equality Act: Enlarge and strengthen anti-discrimination protections against gender and sexual identity-based discrimination (thus leading to criminalizing dissent; compelling businesses and churches to support what God calls an abomination). Includes "safe schools legislation." Combating those who are defined as mistreating homosexuals. Includes fighting against "the overrepresentation and mistreatment of LGBTQ people in the criminal justice system" (the higher crime rate among that demographic). Focusing on improving "the health and well-being of LGBTQ youth, parents, and families." (All of which could extend to attacking those who are considered to be harmful to the psychological well-being of such). Protecting LGBTQ asylum seekers while supporting LGBTQ human rights around the world.
- Working with "religious leaders, tech companies, and other influencers to reduce hate and extremism in our homeland, ... groups that use forms of domestic extremism."
- Growing national service programs to foster unified community and tackle "critical national and global challenges" from "climate adaptation to supporting disinvested American communities and neighborhoods", etc.
- Universal health care: promoted as "Medicare for All Who Want It."
- Reparations policies for Black Americans and closing the racial wealth gap "income disparity").
- Education: advocates zero tuition for middle-income families at public college; free public tuition affordable for lower-income students, combined with a large increase in Pell Grants that provide for basic living expenses.
- Boosting teacher pay, beginning with Title I schools.
- Funding national investment in affordable housing construction. Ending homelessness for families with children.
- Paycheck Fairness Act: forcing hire companies to reveal who and what they pay based on gender, and to pay, and promote women fairly.
- Raising the minimum wage to $15 and strengthen overtime protections. Paid family and medical leave. Extend pay and benefit protections to uncovered workers. Invest in high-quality child care and early childhood learning programs (which could foster homosexual indoctrination).
- Giving labor unions "a powerful seat at the table."
- "Climate Change:" treating "Climate security" as a life and death issue for our generation.
- Implementing "a Green New Deal with all available tools including a carbon tax-and-dividend for Americans, and major direct investment to build a 100% clean energy society." Includes, "Decarbonize transportation and industry; Commit to the Paris Climate Agreement and collaborate with other countries to increase all our goals; ... Convene state and local leaders for an agreement on community-driven carbon reduction; ... Prepare our military and disaster response agencies for the security threats of climate change."
- Foreign policy, "reinventing institutions of international engagement to address 21st century challenges, ... fundamentally rethink our foreign policy." Includes making climate security as a key basis for diplomacy.
- Comprehensive immigration reform.
- Automatic voter registration. Voting rights for the formerly incarcerated. Expand early voting.
- Replacing the Electoral College with a national popular vote.
- Overturning Citizens United and Buckley v. Valeo (which ruled that statutory limits on campaign spending were unconstitutional), if necessary by constitutional amendment.
- Advocates the District of Columbia having a House member and two Senators with voting power and Puerto Rico statehood, if its people want it, and immediate representation in the Electoral College.
- Restructuring the Supreme Court so that ten members are confirmed in the normal political fashion, with the other five promoted from the lower courts by unanimous agreement of the other ten.
- Supports a Palestinian state, and promised to punish (via economic sanctions) the state of Israel, America's strongest ally in the Middle East, if it includes communities in Judea and Samaria (ancient territories of Israel, which it regained from Jordan in the 6 day war of 1967) as part of Israel, warning that as President he would cut U.S. aid to Israel. In making this promise, Buttigieg accused Israel of "turning away from peace" and made no mention of Palestinian terrorism, only going so far as stating that Palestinian Arab leaders are not "the right kinds of partners" for peace.
- Buttigieg favors Congress launching an impeachment inquiry on obstruction of justice against President Trump, being in favor of impeachment, and as President he stated he would want any credible allegation of criminal behavior to be investigated to the fullest."
Monday, September 2, 2019
Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Hypocrisy
The Hypocrisy of Mayor Pete
If we are truly born-again Christians, then before we condemn sin in others we are to examine ourselves to see if we are in some way and degree guilty of what we condemn (and other sins), and repent, lest we be judged accordingly. (Matthew 7:1-5; cf. Romans 2:17-24) However, Pete Buttigieg majors on calling conservative Christians "hypocrites," meaning that what they say and support is contrary to what they profess to be, yet that is just what Buttigieg is blatantly guilty of by calling himself a Christian.
For Scripture is the supreme definitive source of the term "Christian," (Acts 11:26) referring to a class of people known for certain beliefs and practices, to which class Buttigieg cannot be even said to be part of, for both in his personal life and public policy Buttigieg is contrary the clear teaching of Scripture.
1. As disciples of of Christ, New Testament (NT) Christians believed the words of Scripture, including those of the Lord Jesus that we see recorded, who specified that what God joined together in marriage was male and female:
And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female , And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. (Matthew 19:4-6; cf. Mark 10:6-9)
This clear statement refers to Genesis 2:24, in which we first see the most fundamental institution in the Bible, that just as God is the Creator and the only fit object of worship, so only the opposite gender is the fit partner for marriage and sexual union (and thus homosex flows from idolatry). For the women is what is made for man, as we see in verses which precede Genesis 2:24:.
And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. (Genesis 2:18)
And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. (Genesis 2:20-23)
Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man...Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God. (1 Corinthians 11:9,11-12)
The uniquely compatible and complimentary nature of the male and female marital union is only what we see taught in the rest of Scripture (such as in the Song of Solomon and Proverbs 5:18,19) and which extends beyond the anatomical realm.
However, while God made man and women distinctively different but uniquely compatible and complementary and only joined them together in marriage, yet He only condemns homosexual relations wherever they are manifestly dealt with.
2. Scripture teaches that infants in the womb are persons and treats human life as sacred regardless of location, and with intentional killing of the innocent being a capital crime, whereas Buttigieg supports as a "right" the intentional murder of children while located in the womb.
And Isaac intreated the Lord for his wife, because she was barren: and the Lord was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived. And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the Lord. And the Lord said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger. (Genesis 25:21-23)
And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with child. (2 Samuel 11:5)
And the angel of the Lord said unto her, Behold, thou art with child, and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the Lord hath heard thy affliction. (Genesis 16:11)
And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:... For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy. (Luke 1:41,44)
If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her [unintentional homicide], and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman’s husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any [fatal] mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life. Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe. (Exodus 21:22-25)
3. Scripture condemns calling evil good, and good, evil, and persecuting the righteous and rewarding the wicked, but which is just what Buttigieg supports with his justification of abortion and homo-sexual unions and advocating The Federal Equality Act, which under the intent to further strengthen anti-discrimination protections against discrimination of homosexuals, leads to (thus leading to criminalizing dissent and punishing those who do not support homo-sexual unions, including compelling by businesses and churches to support what God calls an abomination. And which includes so-called "safe schools legislation.
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! (Isaiah 5:20)
He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the Lord. (Proverbs 17:15)
Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: (Acts 7:52)
Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. (Matthew 23:34-35)
Much more can be added, from support of the demonic victim-entitlement and enticement mentality (a foundational delusion of Democrats) to opposing the welfare of Israel, but a list of these positions and others include the below, from which you can prayerfully and penitently pick out more examples of hypocrisy by a self-proclaimed "Christian" who insolently majors on making that charge:
Some of these are:
"Security" is a major theme of his position page, being mentioned 27 times, from Climate security to economic security to security from intimidation, while the effects of the Federal Equality Act would use intimidation via penalizing and prosecuting individuals or business such as in good conscience refuse to be complicit in affirming homosexual relations, imposing economic sanctions or worse on such. Such attacks on the security of those of religious conscience has been seen under the implementation of the European Union equality law. - https://www.conservapedia.com/Pete_Buttigieg#Issues_supported
Yet there is still room at the cross for all who will come to God in repentance and faith, and trust in the Divine Son of God sent by the Father, the risen Lord Jesus, to save them on His account, by His sinless shed blood, and thus be baptized and live for Him. Acts 10:36-4